Monday, April 23, 2012

Post 8 "The Future of Literacy"

I have had access to a computer ever since 1995 and early on I was a little unsure on how to use it. I started by playing simple games such as solitaire but as soon as I became more computer literate I advanced to more intricate games such as Battlefield which was very popular during the late 90's. My father is in information technology, so he really inspired me to learn more about computers. I then began using my computer a lot more often and I became very computer savvy. Then my school began to incorporated  mandatory computer classes for all students. This is where I began to understand the possibilities behind a computer. I then began using a computer not just for games but also for learning. With any information just a click away it was easy for me to use the computer for homework that was difficult.

In High School I had taken a computer networking class and this class helped me understand a lot more about computers. I figured out what they where made of, how they worked, and how computers connected to each other to create a network. It then became easier for me to use my computer for things such as Facebook, games, and Adobe Photoshop.

My class experience outside of my computer classes didn't really use computers. The other classes such as History and English used text books. This was very bland and almost out of date to me. When I went home instead of using the book; I would find myself using the Internet for most of the questions. At a young age I became very computer literate thus helping me to answer questions from homework and to learn more about certain subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment